One of the things that is difficult in the father of the bride speech, groom speech or best man speech is how to compliment the bride.
I’ve compiled some compliments for the bride. Generally, you want to have one paragraph of your father of the bride speech pay homage to the bride.
- To say that Sarah looks radiant, is putting it mildly, but both of your lights burn bright enough to make us hardened cynics believe that love is more than just chemical impulses and emotional responses—it is divine.
- As I watched Tom and Sarah, it was so easy to see why Tom fell in love with this lovely lady. There isn’t a more perfect match for him in the world. Just watch them together and you can see the way she brings a smile to his face and light to his eyes, and it’s so easy to see how happy they are together. Sarah is a wonderful, beautiful, warm lady, and she deserves the best, and Tom is definitely the best!
- Sarah, you look beautiful tonight and Tom is extremely blessed to have found such a wonderful friend and lover to spend the rest of his life with.
- I knew Sarah as well, and remembered thinking, hey, she is kinda cool for a girl. I mean, how many pretty little things do you know of that could climb a tree, arm-wrestle and spit with the best of the neighborhood boys? I tell you, I felt more protected in Sarah’s company than surrounded by my toughest brothers. Then one-day a surprising thing happened—Sarah walked outside of her house on Glendale Drive and she had grown into stunning beauty—and I wasn’t the only one who noticed.
- Tom started gushing about this new woman he met in a coffee shop. When I met Sarah, I knew why he was so happy. Sarah, you are a remarkable woman and an absolute doll, a perfect match for my long time friend and partner in business…and crime.
You can use these sample compliments for the father of the bride speech, best man speech and even tweak it for the groom speech. The idea is to find at least one characteristic about the bride in addition to her beauty that you can compliment. It is important to actually believe the compliment in order to be genuine during your speech. Even if you don’t particularly like the bride, you should be able to find one quality that you would like to mention. Examples that I commonly use are: generosity, kindness, fun loving, adventurous, warm hearted, intelligent and humble.